How to delete an old wireless profile, which may have an old wireless password, which may be causing issues connecting to your Wi-Fi. Sometimes, Wi-Fi security settings changed on the router, then your Wi-Fi connection keeps trying to connect to your Wi-Fi, but the information which is saved does not match, so you will have to delete or change. Here is how to delete and re-enter correct info to fix your wireless issues.
- Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center
- In the tasks pane, click Manage wireless networks.
- Right-click the connection you want to delete, and then clickRemove network.
- In theManage Wireless Networks – Warning dialog box, click OK.
The connection is removed from the list of wireless connections that you can view or modify. If you still have issues, you may want to try disabling your Wi-Fi adapter and re-enabling. Hope this helps some of the users out there. Will post some other ways later on too.
How do you move your start menu around your desktop screen? If your taskbar is locked then you need to unlock it first. Then Drag and Start menu to the “Right”, “Left”, or on “Top”. Then lock it back so you don’t move by accidentally.
1. Right-click anywhere on the Taskbar. If you see “Lock the Taskbar” is selected just click on it to de-select.
2. Once your Taskbar is unlocked then left click and hold then drag to where ever you want to move it to.
3. Once you have moved to the right place then right click on Taskbar to lock it.
LEFT side Task panel View:
TOP side Task panel view:
RIGHT side Task panel view:
As you may notice on some computers using Windows XP have two types of views. One is XP view and second classic view. Do you know how to switch between them? Follow these easy steps:
- Right click on the “Taskbar” then click on “Properties”
- Click on “Start Menu” then choose “Start menu” for XP view.
- For Classic view click on “Classic Start menu” then click ok.
Creating a shortcut is very basic but I have seen many people move the program or file intend of creating the shortcut. The best way is just right clicking on the program or file then click on “send to” then “Desktop (Create shortcut)”. There are many other ways to create shortcut too. Here is a basic way.
How to create the shortcut of the program:
1. Go to “Start”> “All program” then choose the program that you want then click on “Send To” then choose “Desktop (create shortcut)”
How to create a shortcut to file:
- Right click on the file that you want a shortcut. (It does not matter if it’s a local file or network file) Then choose “Send to” then “Desktop (create shortcut)”.
2. All shortcut has an arrow on the Icon as you can see in the screenshot on the bottom:
How to Delete Temporary Internet Files for IE7
1. Open Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) then Go to Tools>Delete Browsing History…
2. You can delete following things one at a time or delete all at once:
- Temporary Internet Files- these files are copied locally to your computer every time you visit a website.
- Cookies- These files stores your settings and login info.
- History- These are www address stored.
- Form data- These are forms that you fill out on websites.
- Passwords- These are the password that you saved for secured sites.
Continue reading “How to Delete Temporary Internet Files on IE7”